Friday, January 14, 2011

30 Days of Truth...Day 2


Something you love about yourself...

K, gotta' be honest, not loving this one too much. Much easier for me to continue on with the last one and add to the list...but the purpose behind this whole project is to really dig deep, so I'll bite the bullet...here goes...

Umm, let's see...my first instinct is to write that I love my husband and my kids...but that's not really something about myself...so then my mind wanders to physical things about myself, (which we already know from the last post that I am not too fond of myself physically...with the exception of my feet. I have really cute feet! :)) So where does that leave me? Oh, I know!

I LOVE that I was able to carry three beautiful children inside of my own body and bring their sweet spirits into this world. I love that I didn't get sick...like not at all...when I was pregnant. I love that I felt a special connection with each of my precious little bundles before they were even a part of this crazy existence! I remember feeling their little flutters and kicks and punches and somersaults and realizing that Ben and I had worked together to create these magical little creatures, and being so grateful that my body was able to do this wonderful amazing thing!!

And I LOVE being a mother! And, I think I'm a pretty decent mother...if I do say so myself. It's hard while I am working to feel like the best mom, but I know that my kids know that I love them. I am still the one they ask for when they are sad, or hurt, or just needing a little extra love and that makes me think that maybe, just maybe, I am doing something right! Are my kids perfect? Umm, no way! But we sure try to teach them right from wrong and to be polite and grateful. Am I a perfect Mom? DEFINITELY not!! (Like not even close!) But I love that I can admit when I am wrong and be the first one to apologize when there has been a "mis-communication" in our family. My kids know that Mom and Dad make mistakes too and that it's okay to make mistakes.

So...there you have it. Something I love about myself is that I got to be a vessel to bring some pretty amazing spirits into this life and now I get to be their Mom. And I think that's pretty amazing!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! One day I hope to feel the same way and not get sick either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You are such a great Mommy! I am always jealous of your patience with your little ones when I am there! I need to work on that!LOL! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete